Wednesday, October 20, 2010

tidy ticker tape tutorial

Alright... So I love the look of the ticker tape quilts, but I have never made one because the thought of raw edges makes me cringe a little. I know some of you are totally into the raw edges, but I devised a plan of attack to make the ticker tape work for me (and my fear of raw edges). so here it is...
all you need to make your tidy ticker tape pieces is fabric, scissors, steam-a-seam, and an iron.
I iron in the edges on parallel sides, and then following your steam-a-seam directions iron on the adhesive,
and fold over those edges and iron them down.

your piece should look like this. now flip it over and you have your non-raw edged ticker tape piece.
obviously, you dont have to use the steam-a-seam...
you could just iron all of your edges over, but I like the steam-a seam
cause it hold all the edges into place while you are stitching everything on.

ok... I know this is not rocket science, but I just thought I would share it with you in case there are any other raw edge phobes out there.

No comments: