Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gift knitting

The past month has been filled with Christmas gift knitting, and it has proven to be a little (ok! A lot) more frazzling then I originally intended.

Knitting for myself it a breeze. I know what colors I love, I know what fibers I prefer, what I will wear, what size to make...

So now I am knitting for others. None of my recipients live close enough to measure. I have no idea what anyone will wear... Some have wool allergies. Lets just say it has not been a cake walk. The knitting part has been fun, but the homework leading up to it... Ugh! I only hope that come Christmas everyone is overjoyed with their warm, handmade whatever's and the hard work pays off.

Maybe I'm just a bit selfish when it comes to knitting. There are so many things I want to make for myself, and the gift knitting seems endless at this point.

No comments: