Wednesday, January 2, 2013

textured shawl sharing

After being asked by 4 different people shopping at a local yarn store about my shawl yesterday, i thought I would share the recipe.

First... the yarn (because this was made brilliant thanks to the yarn)!

For this shawl I used Blue Moon Fiber Art's Socks that Rock in the Christmas Balls colorway. I went with the heavyweight for maximum warmth, and minimal effort, but the medium weight also lends itself well for this shawl.

And as far as putting the yarn to work... I used the Textured shawl recipe. It is more of a DIY guide to creating the shawl pictured for this pattern, but the directions on creating the patterning made of slipped stitches and YO's was really all a moderately seasoned knitter really needs to create a lovely shawl.







No comments: